I never can seem to find that perfect balance. And that's where the name for this blog came from. I'm always searching for that balance. I bought a book from Borders before they went out of business. I think the book was called On Balance. And truthfully, I think the book talks about why balance may not be all it's cracked up to be. And how we should NOT strive for balance. I should pull it out and take a look at it. Because, maybe it's true. Maybe balance is not something to strive for.
Anyway, with all that being said, there are still parts of my life that have been neglected since I started this blog. And it's time to try to focus a little more on those things. So, here are the top 5 things that I need to change.
- Take control of the food/personal care/etc. budget. I used to be a couponer/stockpiler. I swore I would probably have enough feminine care products to last me until menopause. I ran out! And I actually ran out of toothpaste last month. My stockpiles have been depleted. And the amount of money I spend on food has gotten completely out of hand. It's time to take control of the situation again.
- Stop eating sugar. Mainly. An occasional treat is okay. But, for the most part, I've been mindlessly munching. I haven't been eating as many vegetables as I should. Some days, I completely forget about eating lunch!
- Start a workout plan. This one is a little more difficult right now. It seems there is hardly anything I can do that I enjoy. I have a diastisis, which is abdominal muscle separation from when I was pregnant with Jaycee. I was able to do some things for a couple years between the time she was born and now. But, I somehow managed to hurt myself this year and now the muscle separation is bad again. So, there are way too many things I can NOT do that I enjoy. No more pilates. No more yoga. No more belly dancing. I suppose I can walk. But, that's kind of boring. But, I do need to figure out something.
- Make more time for Bible study. I usually read my devotionals in the morning. But, I need to spend a little more time. I need to come up with a mid-day session or something.
- Start using my Home Management binder again. I need to get on some kind of cleaning schedule. I think it would make my life so much easier.