Saturday, February 18, 2012
Tutorial | How to get a Screen Shot
I just recently learned how to get a screenshot of a computer screen and I thought I'd share the things I've learned. Sometimes before when I've done some promotional posts, the people have told me that I could include screenshots. But, I didn't know how to do it, so I was just taking pictures of the computer screen. Silly me!
Here's what I've learned.
1. There is a button on most keyboards that says
2. To get the screen shot, scroll on the computer screen to the part that you'd like to save. Hit the "PrtScn" button. You must be on the part of the page that you'd like to save because it only saves what it "sees". It will save the picture.
3. Once you've hit the button, go to your "Paint" program. My paint program is under "Accessories", under "All Programs"
4. Once you are in Paint, click "Edit" then click "Paste"
5. At that point, you can crop the picture to just the area of the screenshot that you'd like to show.
To crop, click "Image", then click "Crop", then make the square around the area you want to crop by dragging the cursor. Then click "Image" again, and "crop" again. (The second image shows what the blue rectangle looks like while you're cropping)
6. Once cropped, click "File", then click "Save As" and give it a title. Then, you'll be able to save it as a picture and retrieve it when you need it.
I can't believe I didn't know how to do that before! It's so easy.