Thursday, January 17, 2013
Top 5 Small Kitchen Appliances on my Wish List
I think that all of our kitchen appliances are in the middle of some kind of revolt. In the past two months, my blender, a coffee maker and now my toaster have all died. Breakfast is just not the same right now. It's pretty hard to make peanut butter toast when the toaster doesn't work. But, I'm thinking about getting a toaster oven instead of a regular toaster next time. It's first on my list of top 5 small kitchen appliances I would love to own.
1. Toaster Oven. I used to have one that I really liked. It's been so long that I don't actually remember which features I liked about it. But, I know that I didn't like my last one. And, I can't remember why I didn't like that one! We haven't had one since we moved into this house. It probably died right before we moved. What is it with appliances? Are they just too lazy to make a move? Plus, we didn't have room in the small kitchen. I love toaster ovens because they make re-warming pizza super easy. I love the way a toaster oven gets it crispy on the bottom. You just can't get that in a microwave.
2. Food Processor. How many cool things can you do with a food processor? SO many! It seems like in almost every cooking show on the Food Network, they use a food processor for something. We got one as a wedding gift, but the lid is broken now. I'm sure it broke right before we moved somewhere! Right now, it's in the attic because there wasn't room for it in our kitchen. I remember making salsa in my old one. There have been so many recipes I've seen lately that require a food processor. So, I'm really looking forward to getting a new one.
3. Espresso Machine. The heck with the normal coffee maker! Maybe I'll go straight to an espresso machine next time. Do you know where to get the best espresso machines online or in a store? This is something I've definitely never had before and wouldn't even know where to begin. And, I might actually like to have this in my Master suite instead of the kitchen. I would love to have a drink station in my Master Suite somewhere. When my hubby and I were fantasizing about how we were going to build the bathroom, I was looking at some pictures on Pinterest or BHG.com and saw a master bathroom with a drink station. I fell in love with the idea. At this point, we still don't have one. But, I'd love to be able to have some coffee mugs, wine glasses, water, a little fridge and an espresso machine in some kind of cabinet in the bathroom. I'd never have to leave my room in the morning (or at night)!
4. Juicer. I have never had a juicer. I love the idea of it. I would love to be able to throw all kinds of fruits and vegetables into a machine and be able to have healthy juice and control the sugar and additives. It has been on my wish list for a very long time and I still don't have one. Maybe once we get everything settled in the new kitchen, I can move juicer up to the top of the list.
5. KitchenAid Stand Mixer. This machine seems like it does it all. This is another appliance I have never had. I don't usually even use a hand mixer. I do everything by hand. Everything. Have you ever tried to make mousse, meringue or whipped cream by hand? It takes a lot of work. I saw that you can get a dough kneading attachment, too. I would love that. I love to make homemade bread.
There's my top 5 small kitchen appliances that I would love to have.
Which appliances are on your wish list?
Make sure you never miss a Mish-Mash post. Follow by RSS or Email HERE.