- Open a door while you have a hand full of wine corks. Or clothes, or anything for that matter. If your only hand is full, it is almost impossible to open a door at the same time. You must put down whatever it is that you're holding, then open the door, THEN pick up whatever it is your carrying and then proceed through the door. You should probably just hire a doorman.
- Get fuzz that has gotten stuck in the prongs of your ring off the prongs. Teeth don't even work for this. I tried! I had to wait for someone to get home and ask them if they could please get the fuzz off my ring. . . . . .it was driving me crazy!!
- Cut your own fingernails. Since my left hand used to be my weak hand, it didn't get used as much as my right hand. The nails on my left hand are usually longer because they just don't have as many opportunities to get broken. So, the nails on my left hand were pretty long when I began this one-handed journey. Since I have to use my left hand for everything now, the nails were getting in the way. I had to have my son help me cut them. Just as a reminder, this is what my cast looks like. Three of my fingers are hidden. So, it really is impossible to use this hand for anything.
4. Talk on the phone and do ANYTHING else.
5. Peel a hard-boiled egg. I'm not actually sure about this one because I haven't tried it yet. But there are some very delicate movements in the shell removal process that I usually use two hands for.
6. Drive a stick shift.
Take a minute and follow on Facebook ??? Pretty, pretty please? With a cherry on top? Make sure you never miss a Mish-Mash post. Follow by RSS or Email HERE.