Luckily, I've recently been given the opportunity to try out a Pure Turmeric Curcumin Dietary Supplement from Fresh Healthcare.
I was given the product for free to try in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are 100% mine and no other compensation was received. I usually take it every day with breakfast.
The Pure Turmeric capsules are made from powdered Turmeric Root. Turmeric is supposed to be good for conditions such as arthritis because it is a powerful antioxidant and can help reduce inflammation. On WebMD's website, they have a list of reviews of people who have been using turmeric for different purposes. The average satisfaction with the results of over 200 people is over 4 out of 5 stars. A lot of people said that turmeric helped with their aches and pain associated with various conditions. I didn't realize that some people actually use turmeric for other conditions like depression and stomach issues as well. Some people had good results using turmeric for those issues.
Turmeric has been used in India for over 4000 years. It is stated in numerous articles that I've read that studies show people in India have much less of a chance to have dementia than people in Western countries. Turmeric might also possibly help with decreasing LDL and could help control blood sugar levels. Of course, as with most supplements, more research needs to be done to verify those statements.
Here's how it has been going with my experience taking Fresh Healthcare's Turmeric supplement:
- I haven't had any issues with stomach upset.
- The capsules are easy for me to swallow.
- They might be helping with inflammation. I truly think it's too early to tell how much it is helping, as it's been less than 2 weeks. I think that most people begin to see effects after about 3 weeks, so only time will tell. I do think that it's helped a little with inflammation so far, because I'm not as sore after working out. I also had a bruise that went away a lot quicker than a bruise would normally go away on me.
- They turned my hand yellow the first time I took it and the yellow stained my hand for 3 days even with frequent hand washing and showers. ~~~ I definitely recommend taking these on a teaspoon so that they don't touch your hands. A teaspoon fits perfectly into the mouth of the bottle. I'm just taking the bright yellow stain as proof that these things are loaded with antioxidants!
- The bottle recommends taking your supplement with meals. After much research, it would seem that it's best to take it with something that has good-for-you fats. I've also read that turmeric is better absorbed when taken with black pepper. I read that a long time ago but forgot it. I read that it's better to have a turmeric supplement that has the substance from black pepper (piperine) in it. This supplement doesn't contain piperine, but taking it with a little fat or black pepper should suffice.
- The bottle I received had 180 capsules. Two capsules is a serving, providing 1200 mg of Turmeric Root Extract and 100 mg of Turmeric 95% curcuminoids. Using only 2 capsules a day, the bottle should last 3 months. The supplement is made in the USA in FDA inspected and GMP certified facilities.
Have you ever tried a Turmeric supplement? If so, why are you using it?
Take a minute and follow on Facebook ??? Pretty, pretty please? With a cherry on top? Make sure you never miss a Mish-Mash post. Follow by RSS or Email HERE.
DISCLOSURE: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or chemist. The things that I post to this site are usually experiments I do that may or may not work for me (I will always let you know which way) . Nothing I post is meant to treat any condition that you may have. You should always ask your own doctor's opinion on any condition that you may have. If you try anything from my site, you do so at your own risk. I'm an experimenter, always trying to make my own way. That's my thing. I'm happy if you find inspiration here. Life for me is always about creativity.