Tweet: Check out this list of 10 snack ideas under 120 calories each! http://ctt.ec/5U1ec+
1. 1 Cup Air-Popped Popcorn, 1/8 cup dried cranberries, 10 unsalted peanuts. (If you don't have an air popper, you can put popcorn kernels in a paper bag, tape it shut and microwave for 2 minutes or until popping stops. No oil or butter is needed)
2. Whole boiled egg and 9 baby carrots.
3. Half medium Cara Cara orange and 1 Mozzarella String Cheese.
4. 1 slice of Lite Multigrain bread and 2 teaspoons of Chocolate Peanut Butter .
5. 1 date and 8 almonds.
6. 8 ounces of Coconut Almond Milk and half a small apple with 1 teaspoon of creamy peanut butter.
7. 3 Tablespoons Hummus and 4 medium-sized stalks of celery.
8. 10 blueberries plus 1 square of 85% Cocoa Extra Dark Chocolate, chopped and added to 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt. Plain yogurt and dark chocolate are both acquired tastes. This one might not be for everyone.
9. 3 Baked wheat crackers topped with 1 Plum tomato sliced thin, 1 thin slice red onion and 1/8 cup feta cheese and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
10. 10 green pepper strips with ranch yogurt dip. Ranch yogurt dip is made with 1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt, 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. dried dill, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes if you like it spicier.
For more healthy snack ideas, check out the nuts.com healthy snacks page. They have ideas in groups like "snacks for kids", "snacks for vegans", among other ideas. Also, check out this nifty
snack swap chart from nuts.com.
Post contains affiliate links.
What is your favorite balanced healthy snack?
Linking with Fitness Friday