popped into my head.
The dictionary definition of Deconstruct is:
-to examine (as a work of literature) using the methods of deconstruction
The dictionary definition of Deconstruction is:
-the analytic examination of something (as a theory) often in order to reveal its inadequacy.
Whooooaaaa! I really have a lot of inadequacies. There's no doubt there. There are several parts of my life that I could really improve on. That's why people make resolutions every year, right? I am human after all.
The parts of my life that I'd like to see improvement in this year are my organization skills, my time management, my time with God, my time with my hubby and trying to find a more pin-pointed focus on the blog.
Beginning with the blog~~When I began blogging everything I read said that "you have to have a niche". You'll never be able to do anything if you don't have a niche. At the time, it might have been true. Then there were all kinds of mommy blogs that were just general blogs. . . . .just like mine. I had a lot of fun when I first began blogging. I made a lot of friends. A lot of them I'm still friends with now. And the "general" mommy blogging thing was working at the time.
Now, I'm seeing even more info that you really DO need to have a niche. My problem with that has always been that I like everything. And I MEAN everything! My motto and quote for my blog has always been "A Mish-Mash of Mommy Stuff." That will be going away now.
When I first began my blog, I focused a lot of stuff around my kids and crafts for my kids, etc. Now, my kids are older and they're starting to have their own lives with activities, schoolwork and friends. That allows me to be able to focus on more things that I like now.
Trying to break the blog down and figure out which basic parts I wanted to keep has been difficult and I'm still not really sure which way I want to go. To help me I've been trying to think about what my hubby and I have been trying to accomplish lately. What are the basics in our life right now?
Right now we're both trying to get in shape and eat healthier. We're not getting any younger! I've been trying to go a little more organic. We both have a tendency for our blood pressure to be in the higher range of normal or even the lower range of pre-hypertension. I have a tendency to have slightly high LDL (the bad cholesterol)~~man I love red meat and cheese. Luckily, I can control that with diet~~just stop eating the red meat and cheese. My point is we're both trying to be healthier.
You would think with a fashion degree that I might lean toward doing a fashion blog, but that's just not where I am in my life right now. Although I LOVE anything fashion related, it's just not where my energy is focused right now.
I love creating. I love DIYs and crafts, but let's just say that I have several projects that I have started in the past that are still sitting unfinished. And although I'd like to think that if I decided to become a DIY Upcycle/Recycle Craft blog I would be able to work on stuff and ACTUALLY get the projects done, it probably wouldn't actually happen.
Basically, what I've decided is that my blog will now have a focus on Fitness, Health(ier) living, and Beauty with an occasional "relaxation" post which will be my fashion or DIY posts. Do you know how some people take "mental health" days at work? Let's just think of my fashion and DIY posts as my "mental health day" posts.
There are some things that I'm definitely keeping: Meal Plan Monday, Wordless Wednesday, Thankful Thursday (although I have missed quite a few lately). I enjoy these posts and the opportunities to flit around and "talk" to other bloggers during those days.
Here's what I hope to accomplish otherwise and what you can look forward to:
- Meal Plan Monday
- Wordless Wednesday
- Thankful Thursday
- Fitness Updates on Friday ~~ Did I meet my Fitness goals that week?
- Pictures of our Organic hauls each week when we're able to buy organic stuff
- Posts about different types of food and their nutritional value and recipes curated from the web to use those foods.
- Different things that people are trying in fitness, curated from the web.
- an occasional fashion post
- an occasional DIY post
- Food and recipes
- Health and Beauty Reviews
- Possibly more Giveaways
- Create a schedule that I'm able to stick to~~why have a schedule if it doesn't work for me? It has to be realistic!
- Begin reading the Bible again for 30 minutes a day
- Stick to a fitness schedule. Make a calendar each month so that I know what my goals are.
- Try to spend more quality time with my hubby.
My goals for the year are:
- Begin making some kind of money to help the family financially.
- Be able to do a split! Yep, you read that right. I want to increase my flexibility. If I've learned anything the past 3 weeks at occupational therapy for my broken hand, it's that my body is capable of more than I think it is~~all it takes is hard work.
- Walk another half marathon.
- Be able to do 20 real pushups~~it's on my 50 before 50 list. I might as well get it accomplished this year.
- Complete at least 6 more things on my 50 before 50 list. I have no idea which ones yet!
- Read one book a month just for fun.
- Instagram ~~ Oh my gosh! Why was I not on Instagram sooner. I love it! Let's become friends on Instagram.
- Pinterest ~~ I'll be cleaning up my boards soon and I'll also be in the process of Deconstructing those so that I can rebuild them into something just a little more fantastic!
Is there anything specific you'd like to see here on Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life in 2016 in these categories ?? ~~
Let me know and I'll research it for you and make a post!
Happy Almost Second week of 2016!!