This week, I'm thankful for:
- Having a way to make a little extra money. At this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep doing this job or not. It is very physically demanding and I'm nowhere near as fast as some of the people. I'm just thankful for the opportunity to try. My goal this week was to make 100 fence panels, but I only made 86, I think. Luckily, I didn't get any new boo-boos except a little scrape on my thumb.
- The fact that my daughter is getting into reading more. I'm glad she's found some books that she's interested in reading. I was always a HUGE reader. I would love for both of my kids to be readers.
- My hubby having some extra time off this week. He usually teaches two nights a week, but he only had to teach one night this week. Plus, he has tomorrow off.
- Being able to color Easter eggs with our friends tomorrow. With our busy schedules it's the one time of year we KNOW we'll see each other. It's been a standing date for about six years now.
- Thankful that the flowers are blooming. It's going to get cold again, but the flowers are a promise of new things coming!
- It's Spring Break! Yay. We can sleep in a little bit and relax a little.
- Soccer season is almost here! The kids have their first "practice" next weekend!
- Coffee. 'Nuff said.
- Wine. Same thing.
- And the most important one of all, which is true every day of the year, but now especially as we take the time to celebrate and remember:
The sacrifice that Jesus made for me and every person in the world when he died on the cross for my (and everyone's) sins!!
and Happy Maundy Thursday.
Matthew 26:26-28New International Version (NIV)26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
(thanks to Bible Gateway)
Which things are you thankful for this week?