We've been on Spring Break this week. It's the first time I've ever worked outside of the house for a couple hours during Spring Break. The job is really physically hard on me. I could barely move my arm last night! And I really don't make that much money. By the time it's all said and done, I'll probably only be making $9/hour. I'm just not as fast as some people are at assembling fences. BUT, it's $9/hour more than I make staying at home. Hopefully, the money I make can be saved for our trips and fun things. I'm saving the money that I'm making right now to go back to Kalahari over the Christmas break this year.
I decided a month or so ago that the best course of action to pay for things that we need (or want, really) is to figure out how much money we need for specific things (braces, trip to Kalahari, Alaska cruise, etc) and then figure out how to make that amount of money. Accomplish one money goal and then move on to the next. I had some kids' clothes and toys that I was going to try to sell, but I ended up donating them recently when a local apartment complex had a fire. I need to find new ways to make money to meet our goals.
So. . . . . . . . now on to Thankful Thursday.
This week, I'm thankful for these things:
- Thankful for all of our new Spring flower blooms. The daffodils are so pretty!
- I'm thankful that my friends were able to watch my kids the two days that I went in to work.
- I'm thankful that we had a wonderful, impromptu Easter dinner with my in-laws. I'm so happy they could come over. It was such a beautiful day!
- I'm thankful that the kids' soccer is starting up again this weekend!
- I'm thankful that my hubby had some days and nights off in the past week.
- I'm thankful that my kids still ask me for hugs in the morning.
- I'm thankful we had fun with our friends last Friday coloring Easter eggs.
- I'm thankful that I have a job that fits into my schedule right now to make a little extra money.
Just to let you guys know, I'm going back to my original format with my blog~~ "A mish-mash of mommy stuff". I've been so busy that it's hard for me to focus on just one area. And I miss the fashion, craft, DIY and home posts! So, even though most people advise to "niche, niche, niche", I just don't feel like it.
I will continue to have a strong focus on health and fitness, once I figure out how to fit everything in! I hope to begin working out again next week when the kids are back in school. I believe I'm going to start my yoga/pilates challenge over again. That's how I started back up again in December last year and it worked really well.
I have a great giveaway coming up soon! I was given the opportunity to try out a metal photo print from AdoramaPix and they're letting me give away one the same size that I got! The photo on metal almost looks 3D. It is so incredible. I am very impressed with it.
Everyone who has come to my house and seen the metal print has loved it. It really is incredible. Look for that giveaway soon! I also have several more skin care treatments that I've been trying that I'll have reviews for soon. Also, I have a couple new healthy superfood and detox things I'll be talking about ~~ chaga tea and coconut activated charcoal. One is a superfood tea and the other is a great detox.
|Coconut Activated Charcoal Powder for detox|
|Chaga Tea made in slow cooker~~superfood|
I hope everyone is having a great week and hope you have plenty to be thankful for!
What are you thankful for this week?