I just love the fresh tastes and bright colors of Summer time.
When it's hot outside, the fresh food just feels right.
When I was shopping at Aldi today, they also had a package of cute multi-colored "Sweet Medley" tomatoes. I love the variety. I love it when they mix things up.
Here's what we used:
Oil for the grill, I used my indoor grill on the kitchen stove
1/3 pound green beans, rinsed and trimmed
1/2 green pepper, cut into 4 strips
3 green onion stalks, rinsed
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
5 grape tomatoes, washed and cut into 1/8ths
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Wipe indoor grill pan with oil. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat until heated.
- Place green beans, green peppers, cherry tomatoes and green onions on grill.
- Remove tomatoes and green onions after 3 minutes.
- Leave green beans and peppers on the grill for 7 more minutes (10 minutes total), flipping them occasionally.
- While green beans and green peppers are still cooking, place cherry tomatoes in bowl and cut with kitchen shears.
- Cut green onions with kitchen shears into bowl.
- Chop cilantro and put in bowl with tomatoes and onion.
- Add minced or pressed garlic into the bowl.
- When green beans and peppers are done, cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pour 3 Tablespoons olive oil over the vegetables.
- Pour the 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar over vegetables.
- Sprinkle on the salt, cumin and crushed red pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Either eat immediately or chill so that the flavors can meld.
What's your absolute favorite salsa?