I wanted it to have some of the flavors of a bok choy salad. You know the sweet, tangy and salty all at the same time? I also wanted an unexpected element. . . . . . . which ended up being the green grapes. Most people (who like Brussels Sprouts) enjoyed this salad.
Here's What We Used:
1 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed and cut in half
1/2 teaspoon white sugar for boiling water
2 stalks green onion, snipped
11 green grapes, cut in half
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, snipped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup mild olive oil
3 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fill Medium Saucepan 2/3 of the way with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon white sugar.
- Bring water with 1 teaspoon sugar to a rolling boil.
- Place brussels sprouts in pan for 3 minutes and then remove to ice bath with a slotted spoon or strainer.
- Drain Brussels sprouts from the ice bath.
- Place Brussels sprouts in medium bowl.
- Add green onions, grapes, cilantro leaves and walnuts.
- Stir to combine.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients and pour over the Brussels Sprouts mixture in bowl.
- Chill for an hour and a half.
Do you like Brussels Sprouts? What is your favorite Summer Salad?