For this simmer pot, I used the peels from three smallish apples. I have no idea what type of apples they were because they were some of the ones my stepmom picked while she was here and they were mixed.
I placed the peels in a small saucepan. I added one lemon, which was sliced.
Then I added 1 teaspoon of the homemade pumpkin spice blend that was
linked in my 10 Fun Ways to Use Pumpkin Spice post.
Funny story about the apples that I peeled. I put them in lemon water, a trick I've used before so that the apples don't brown in my kids' lunch boxes. BUT. . . . . . . . . . . I accidentally left them in the water too long, and the acid in the lemon made the apples soft. Nobody would eat them that way, so I made apple sauce with them! When Life gives you Lemons. . . er, Apples, make Apple Sauce! I just threw the apples in a small saucepan with a little water and a little of that Pumpkin Pie Spice mix and simmered until I could mash the apples with my spoon. Ate it all up this morning! So, no pictures for you!
Here are some more ways to scent your house naturally.
- This post from BrightNest includes a tip about fighting Kitchen Fridge Stink with oats! Whaaaaaaaa???? 10 Crazy Simple Ways to Make Your House Smell Great
- This one is perfect for Fall and pumpkin season! How to Make Cinnamon Pumpkin Candles
- There are a lot of great ideas in this post, but I love the idea of the DIY gel air freshener. 10 Simple DIY Air Fresheners
- I love the idea of these Homemade Deodorizing disks. Freshen Up Your Home! Make Your Own Homemade Deodorizing Disks
- For the upcoming holiday season, I love the pinecone trick in this post: 9 Natural Ways to Make Your House Smell Amazing.
How do you create an inviting, warm-smelling home?
Take a minute and follow on Facebook ??? Pretty, pretty please? With a cherry on top? Make sure you never miss a Mish-Mash post. Follow by RSS or Email HERE.