|I got my book today!|
The hardest part for me is going to be not having my glass (or two. . . or two and a half) of wine most nights. And the popcorn that I eat on a lot of nights as we watch our favorite shows. But really, the hardest part for me so far in these first three days has been not having grains. I usually eat brown rice, whole wheat flour, oatmeal, quinoa, beans, etc., so at least I eat good-for-you grains. There are absolutely no grains allowed on the Whole30 plan, though. . . not even seudo-grains or super grains. It's only 30 days. It's only 30 days. It's only 30 days!
Not eating cheese has been surprisingly easy, although that's sometimes another easy snack that I grab when I get munchy sometimes. I'm not a milk drinker so that doesn't bother me at all.
So, here are the basics and then you can find out all the info at the Whole30 website.
- No sugar. No sugar substitutes. That means no chewing gum of any kind! (I guess that part is hard for me too!)
- No alcohol.
- No grains or beans. No beans means no soy, which counts out a lot of processed foods.
- No dairy.
- Coffee!!! Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!! I always drink mine black, so this will be normal for me. Remember no sugar or dairy creamer in the coffee.
- All veggies except corn, sweet peas (green peas) and lima beans. You CAN eat potatoes of all varieties.
- All fruit, fruit juices (I won't because of the sugar) and dried fruits as long as there is no sugar or preservatives added.
- Unprocessed meats. So that means you can't have most lunch meats, sausages, bacon, etc. Absolutely no nitrates, phosphates, sulfites, etc. You can have chicken, pork, beef, fish.
- Tree nuts and seeds. No peanuts because they're a legume, which means NO peanut butter.
- Healthy fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, olives, ghee, duck fat (???). You can find a fairly long list at the website.
I received my book today, so I can begin reading it soon! If you'd like to get one to read, you can find it at amazon. I did!
Here's what I've personally been eating so far:
- Ground turkey
- Mandarin Oranges
- Romaine lettuce
- Green Peppers
|Day 3 Breakfast ~~ Egg baked in Avocado, Mandarin Orange, Green Pepper Strips|
|Day 3 Lunch~ Roasted Kale, Tomatoes, Green Beans & Sardines with a Fried Egg and Spicy Mustard Vinaigrette|
Have you ever tried doing The Whole30??? Or maybe another Paleo diet?
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for helping to support our blog. This post might be linked to any one of the parties listed on my Link Parties and Communities Page Take a minute and follow on Facebook ??? Pretty, pretty please? With a cherry on top? Make sure you never miss a Mish-Mash post. Follow by RSS or Email HERE.